Anne of Ingleside - L. M. Montgomery

My latest Green Gables read was Anne of Ingleside, the sixth installment in the world of the wonderful Anne Shirley. Once again, Montgomery weaves a beautiful and vivid world in which I would love to live - one where there is beauty in every fallen leaf and ray of morning sunshine. The Anne of Green Gables books are slices of pure joy and I adore being immersed in their charm.

This novel follows Anne as a mother of six and wife of a successful doctor, and the antics of their adorable children. It is so lovely to remember Anne as a cheeky child who got herself into scrapes and bother, and watch her own children following in her footsteps with their own little mishaps. I found this book slightly less gripping in its plot than some of the others, but still lovely nonetheless.

I think I have two books to go until I've completed the series, but unfortunately I can't seem to find them in the Puffin Classics editions - perhaps they stopped printing after this one? I'm going to keep trying as it pleases me so much to see all the books in a matching set! 

Comments