Book Lovers - Emily Henry

Book Lovers is a romance novel, which is a genre I very rarely read (not because I don't like them, I just don't gravitate towards them), but I'm so glad that I received this as a gift, because I loved it!

The story follows singleton Nora Stephens, a high-flying literary agent with a reputation for her cut-throat business style. Her career is her priority, and aside from that she values her younger sister Libby and her growing family beyond measure. Nora feels that the sisters have been drifting of late, so when Libby suggests a month-long getaway in Sunshine Falls, North Carolina, Nora hopes that it will rekindle their bond.

Libby envisions that the sisters will be wearing checked shirts, dying their hair and saving local businesses by the time their trip is done. She even has a checklist of wholesome activities for them, one being to set Nora up with a sweet, hardworking country bumpkin. However that is not on the cards for Nora when she keeps bumping into an arrogant yet completely charming book editor she once came into conflict with back in the city. Try as they might, the pair can't seem to avoid each other in the sleepy little town.

This book is gripping, romantic and a total feel-good read for anyone wanting a bit of summer sauciness. The plot isn't anything groundbreaking, but I loved how self-aware this novel is as it acknowledges the genre tropes and almost plays up to the romance aspects intentionally. Cheeky, tender and witty, this is a fab summer read which I'd highly recommend!

Comments